Primary Food & Drink by Graham Elliot
pri·mar·y (prmr, -m-r)
1. First or highest in rank, quality, or importance; principal.
2. Being or standing first in a list, series, or sequence.
3. Occurring first in time or sequence; earliest.
4. Being or existing as the first or earliest of a kind; primitive.
- One that is first in time, order, or sequence.
- One that is first or best in degree, quality, or importance.
- One that is fundamental, basic, or elemental.
To that end, Primary Food & Drink’s philosophy is guided by three main principles: mastering basic, fundamental cooking techniques; using the highest-quality seasonal elements; and providing the greatest level of service and guest experience.
Primary serves contemporary American seasonal cuisine in a refined yet casual atmosphere, featuring locally-sourced ingredients whenever possible. The menu showcases Chef Graham Elliot’s creative spins on well-known classics like Caesar salad, pot roast, beef stroganoff and buffalo chicken.
Riffing off of Chef Grahams culinary philosophy, we designed the Primary logo to simply and eloquently match the new restaurants main principles. The mark itself is rough and elemental, taking it's texture from old typewriter keys and ink stamps. We chose a deep, fully saturated primary color palette to further communicate the notion. The monogram is an amalgamation of the number 1 and the letter P, tying to Chef Grahams mission to provide the best possible dining experience to Greenwich, CT.
Brand Identity Design
Responsive Web Design
Agency: Learned Evolution
Creative Direction: Justin Bolognino
Art Direction & Design: Adam Dalton